Today, many people experience sleep problems, this can have many reasons like, increased workload, stress problems, improper diet, or eating unhealthy food items. Many people have personally experienced how food items can affect their energy levels and alertness. Such Sleep Problems can also be symptoms of Insomnia, so it is advisable to take advantage of the foods that can help you sleep at night.
Insomnia is truly a result of stress in individuals, and an improper diet is like fuel to fire to it. Once the stress is gone, Insomnia is gone. That’s why people need to control their stress levels too, despite just eating Food for Good Sleep.
But, this cannot leave the fact that eating sleep-inducing foods each night increases the possibility of better sleep. It is highly advisable to start maintaining a Healthy lifestyle, Stop eating Junk food and start eating foods that help you sleep with a proper routine so that you can get the sleep you’ve been craving for.
I am going to tell you Top 10 food items that helps you sleep at night:
Researchers, Nutritionists, Sleep experts have conducted various studies to discover the Best Foods to Induce Sleep at night.
Healthy Diet plans can improve not just your sleep patterns but give you energy, and Maintain blood sugar levels and weight. It is best to consult a doctor or dietician before making any changes to your daily diet. You can also Consult Dietitians Online to get assistance when you have less time to visit.
- Fish: Eating fish is the Best Food To Eat At Night as it releases a hormone called melatonin which is a sleep aid.
When you eat fish for dinner, this hormone is triggered by being in the dark and makes you feel sleepy. A study has shown that people who eat salmon fish more than two times a week have better sleep patterns as well as an improved lifestyle.
Eating fish is effective because it provides Vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids to your body which gives us good health.
- Nuts: Nuts are often considered to be a Food for Good Sleep. They can vary as almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, flax seeds, etc. Nuts also contain Melatonin and some minerals like zinc and magnesium to provide stable bodily processes. You need to consume such minerals to avoid deficiency because then it can lead you to disturbed sleep patterns again. Nuts also help in treating insomnia in older adults.
- Rice: Eating rice regularly will help you get better sleep. Many researchers think that it is due to the insulin released after a high glycemic index meal. It simply means that it naturally increases your blood sugar and insulin levels to help your brain to work faster. Food containing amino acids, carbohydrates, and tryptophan is the best combination of minerals to help you sleep and make your brain work faster. Turkey can be the best example of it.
- Night time milk: Inadequate sleep leads to negative physical and mental health issues.In this condition having a glass of warm milk can help you cultivate relaxation and facilitate a more restful sleep at night.
Studies show that consumption of milk and other dairy products help some people to sleep peacefully at night.
As we discussed earlier, milk also has some minerals of amino acids and releases melatonin that makes you sleepy and reduces symptoms of anxiety, stress and depression that can build during bedtime.
- Whole Grains: Consumption of whole grains encourages tryptophan activity in your body which is an amino acid found in a variety of protein-containing foods. All these minerals are really important to take in order to treat sleep issues.
- Chicken: We talk about foods that help us sleep at night , chicken can be the major one. It contains enough protein and tryptophan that helps you with overall mood and sleep pattern. Most Dieticians advice to eat chicken for dinner with whole grains like rice or potatoes that gives you a balance for your night’s sleep.
- Herbal teas: Consuming herbal tea can hydrate your body and soothe your stomach. One of the best tea to treat your sleep problem is chamomile tea, it is a traditional remedy as a tea for insomnia. Herbal tea contains sleep-inducing compounds and it is advisable having a warm up of herbal tea can be a soothing remedy to help a person sleep peacefully at night.
- Cherries: The best way to sleep at night is to increase melatonin intake in your body. And cherries naturally contain large amounts of melatonin. If you eat cherries regularly you’ll be able to improve your sleep cycle. Also, Tart cherries are among them to have comparatively large amounts of melatonin and provide higher sleep efficiency. Drinking fresh juice of Tart cherries on a regular basis will help you improve your sleep cycle more quickly.
- Dark Chocolate: A very large number of people are fond of eating Chocolates in their daily routine and can eat it all day and night. When it comes to cure for your sleep deprivation. Dark chocolate relaxes your mind and body as it contains serotonin. Many Dietitians consult to eat dark chocolates in such cases for effective cure.
- Bananas: Bananas can make you sleep by helping with muscle relaxation. This is due to the excellent source of potassium and magnesium in it. Bananas also contain tryptophan which is an amino acid that helps to calm and regulate sleep hormones like melatonin in our body. Bananas can be the one source of cure for people who suffer from insomnia.
It is said, to maintain a healthy diet and get you a peaceful sleep at night, you must also add dark leafy greens with dinner. They contain plenty of fiber and calcium which keeps your body clean from toxins and produce sleep inducing hormones.
Overall, Treating your sleep problems requires a transformation in your diet plans, it requires you to start eating healthy food items too. And the most important thing to do is to make the right plan and follow it consistently for effective and quick results.
So, All these suggestions can help you to get asleep, you’ve been struggling for the past many days. If you still have any doubts or need to know more about the cure for your sleeplessness, You can consult Diet Mantra By Monica, which is the Best Dietician in Delhi and can help you to solve all your health and diet-related problems.